The Explore program operates as a send-out model providing the student with 90 minutes of academic enrichment per week in the gifted classroom. Students receive instruction and guidance in project-based learning, technology centered activities, critical thinking, problem solving and creative thinking. Using a multi-disciplined approach, students are given the opportunity to research, create their own products/projects, and solve meaningful problems.
How Will the Explore Program Support My Child?
- Provides DEPTH AND COMPLEXITY to curriculum taught in the regular classroom.
- Provides project based learning and independent study based on student interest and level of competency.
- Offers an opportunity for students to work with their academic peers utilizing a specialized curriculum.
- Offers the opportunity for specific instruction enhancement within the regular classroom through the cooperation of the regular classroom teacher and the learning specialist.
- Provides the learning specialist the opportunity to act as a coach and facilitator to support and promote student performance.