Here at The King’s Academy, we have taken large strides toward bringing relevant technology into the classroom and giving our teachers efficient and creative ways to teach and interact with students. We believe students must continue to grow as self-directed learners and choice will play an important role for students as they decide what to explore and pursue. The future will bring much more online learning and students will need to be aware of their own thought processes and be willing to collaborate and participate in their learning community.
Secondly, teachers will need to be able to help students pursue their interests through researching and collaborating via the Web. Teachers must be able to help students sort out what is junk and what is valuable observation and information. Evaluating resources is a skill that students will use throughout their educational career and lives.
TKA provides every student with wireless access, free Office 365 accounts where they can install Office on up to 5 devices and eLearning access to our LMS (Learning Management System) Moodle.
We ask that you check back here often as we post new information and instructional videos.
Setting up your device on Campus Wi-Fi
These instructions will vary depending on what kind of device you have. There are 4 main classes of devices. PC, MAC, IOS (ipad), and Android.
The first thing you will want to do is connect to TKAWIRELESS. If your device does not open a browser automatically, open a browser (Safari, Chrome etc.) and try to go to a website. You will be re-directed to TKA’s Device registration portal. Select Student. Log in with the credentials your received on your handout.
* IOS – After you enter your username and password, on the next screen you will see a button that says continue, click on the button.
In an effort to provide the best learning environment for your incoming seventh grader that will be using Moodle, we will need your child to be prepared with a device that will allow for optimum participation and learning. Before purchasing a device, please follow the guidelines provided below as well as reading the below Technology Letter for the grade(s) your child(ren) will be in for the 2015/2016 school year.
- The device must have a Windows operating system.
- The device must have a keyboard.
- The minimum screen size required is 13 inches.
- The device should be able to record audio and video.
- It can be any Ultrabook-type Laptop.
- The battery must last all-day. The battery life should have 6+ hours.
- The processor must be an Intel Chipset Core I-series. (Core i3, i5, or i7)
- The storage on the device must be at least 250 gigabyte of storage.