Dedicated to Excellence Campaign
The King’s Academy’s campus buzzed with excitement as the school community came together On September 22nd for the official groundbreaking of the new 23,000 sf Center for Performing Arts, to be completed in fall 2016. TKA President Jeff Loveland thanked those who have supported the Dedicated to Excellence Campaign and presented a Virtual Tour of the new Center for Performing Arts. Fine Arts students performed, and various groups “turn over the dirt” on the beginning of construction.
The center will provide dedicated space for TKA’s nationally-recognized Theater, Choir, Band, and Dance programs, after sharing space with the school’s athletic teams for more than 40 years. Along with donations from parents, grandparents, alumni, and friends, The Esther B. O’Keeffe Foundation, a well-known supporter of charitable causes throughout Palm Beach County, provided a generous $500,000 gift to help complete the school’s Dedicated to Excellence Campaign. The Main Lobby of the Center will be named in recognition of the foundation’s generosity.
TKA President Jeffrey M. Loveland (’75): “I cannot begin to convey our appreciation to Miss O’Keeffe and the entire Esther B. O’Keeffe Charitable Foundation board of Trustees. Their generosity has allowed us to break ground on what will be a wonderful home for fine arts students at The King’s Academy, and it is only fitting that the Main Lobby of the facility be named in recognition of their gift. Approximately 20,000 patrons each year will enjoy this beautiful facility, and the Esther B. O’Keeffe Lobby will forever be a part of that experience!”
Artistic Director David Snyder (’93): “Thanks to the overwhelming generosity of Miss O’Keeffe, the award winning and nationally recognized TKA Fine Arts program will flourish into Palm Beach County’s leading Fine Arts program. The new state of the art Center for Performing arts, featuring the top of the line amenities, will allow The King’s Academy Theatre Company to be the premier location to see amateur shows in Palm Beach County.”
The Dedicated to Excellence Campaign Will:
• Accommodate more than 15,000 patrons yearly in a state-of-the-art auditorium for TKA’s highly acclaimed Fine Arts Productions.
• Welcome audiences with an intimate atmosphere that provides comfortable seating for 800 during chapels, meetings and events.
• Allow TKA’s elite band and choir programs a concert hall befitting their dedication to excellence.
• Add a professionally designed stage with full fly space, rigging and catwalk.
• Reserve the 11,000-s.f. M. Nelson Loveland Sports & Fine Arts Center for athletics.
• Afford 3,400-square feet of dedicated indoor cheerleading and dance space.
• Upgrade baseball and softball fields.
• Add 5 acres of adjacent land.
Today and in the coming months, The King’s Academy will be asking you to consider a gift that will help us accomplish this goal. Your gift of any amount, generous within your means, will be crucial to overall success.
If you have any questions about the Dedicated to Excellence Campaign, please contact the Development Office at 561-686-4244 ext. 354.
We look forward to celebrating with you as we see God work on behalf of The King’s Academy!